Nest cam woes and new videos

I’m so sorry about the nest cam problems.  James and Scott are both working hard to fix it.  We really don’t want to have to get (or install) a new camera, especially just before hatching. Nor do we have the funds at present.  We are still trying for a different solution.

I have some access to the nest cam when I’m at work as I have installed some surveillance software called Security Eye which seems to bypass the cam streamer to youtube and connect directly with the camera (which is working fine, so another reason not to replace if possible).   This helps me fill in the gaps for my research.

So here is a video from that software of Diamond today getting herself in a bit of a muddle with the eggs and the walls of the box.  let’s see if this works https://youtu.be/wWE8ONE59Rw.  Woo-hoo it worked, well sort of.  It’s very short.  Now if I could just figure out how to load photos as I have nice new ones from both inside and outside the tower.

Here is another video from my youtube channel, which might be more successful.  This is Diamond also trying to land sideways in the nest on a windy day.  Apologies for the music.  I forgot I had Spotify or something on in the background!

The other problem is that I can’t read your comments as an observer (I can through the back door, so to speak), which presumably means that you can’t read each others’ comments either.  I’ve alerted Scott to this problem (and asked him how to insert photos, which I’ve uploaded to the library here).  Hopefully this will be fixed soon.