Solo getting some space

A couple more video clips have been posted of Solo and parents. Solo is beginning to sit up more often, and with Swift departing for brief sojourns more often, and the occasional visit from dad, Beau, the big new roost is looking even bigger with only a 10-day-old in residence.

Here’s Swift and Solo the other morning eagerly awaiting a late breakfast, Solo alone with a visit from dad, Solo alone again with mum’s return.

2 thoughts

1. I am a Kindergarten teacher in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. For the past several years, both myself and my students have been very involved with the Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project here in Manitoba. The children in my class enjoy watching a variety of different webcams from around the world. I am so happy to have discovered your Recovery Project and have enjoyed following Solo’s growth with my students. Thank you for sharing your videos!

1. Hi Kathy,
      Thanks very much for your email and a big hullo to everyone in the class there in Winnipeg!! Wonderful that you’re all so interested in peregrine falcons and the Recovery Project over there. It’s an exciting time over here at the moment with little Solo growing up quickly, in all sorts of good and very bad spring weather conditions. We’ll still be able to watch Solo for the next couple of weeks before it will become more awkward when fledging happens.

We’re on a big drive at the moment to upgrade all our equipment so we can monitor the birds 24 hours each day with high quality cameras, but mainly so we can provide live web streams on a web page of all our cameras so the whole world can see. With any luck we’ll be set up for the next breeding season so you can all watch with us!

Thanks again for your email – we’d love to hear from you all in the class too! We can send you an email address if you’d like to keep in touch with us 🙂